Start a new topic

Is it just me or are others not getting support on their printers?

Title-  I have a support ticket that is over 35days old now.  They sent us a replacement printer and that replacement printer has never worked!  We called them, and were told to make a support ticket and there has been no response.  They ignore phone calls and dont call back.  Their social media tags and still no responses..

Is it just me?

3 people have this problem

I have a noticed the same silence as I have a case going since March with no progress. Not sure what is up

Oh I am sorry to hear that they are doing it to others as well.  They messaged me back but then I had to repeat myself again, when all I need is a packing slip to send this printer back and get one that actually works this time... 

funny thing is the the printer that I sent back, they suggested that I solder a wire back to the fan. Now I wish I would have done that it would have been way faster than this waiting game.  

Matthew,

I was waiting to find out how to repair the leveling component as it came apart. I was also told I could solder it back together. I did not try as it is very small and they had contacted FF. This was in March. I had great response from Van up until that point so not sure what changed. I have the printer still working with a big sign on it DO NOT LEVEL. I had tried to connect SIndoh 3D wow with them as we have about 8 of those printers as well as a couple Ultimakers. Having a dependable cloud printing service would be worth a lot. Anyway, the FF was a $400.00 upgrade from a couple of the early Polar 3D models that sort of stopped working. I did learn a lot when I got started with the original Polar 3D so I am grateful for that. I want to support them as they are geared for Education as Bill Steele is a great supporter of Education as well.

2 people like this

Yes, I also see a upgrade option but why?  They sent us a replacement unit that has a bad wifi card.  I shouldnt have to be a repair person for their company.  Van in my opinion has NOT been good in customer support.  I had to talk to his brother Dean a few times and I got good service.  But It would be nice to hear from their Boss, I doubt they even know whats going on with their lack of support.  It is extremely frustrating to have a machine down for so long and getting no responses from the Company.   

If they really support education they would be taking care of the teachers who they sold their printers too.  Not leave them hanging.  

1 person likes this

Karl, I have a FlashForge Inventor 2 printer that has been working great since I received it in January.  I just purchased a new print bed from BuildTak and installed it, then attempted to re-level the bed.  I am having issues with that part and wondering if you had similar issues and/or came up with a temporary solution until I head from Polar and/or FlashForge.

Thanks.

Andrew,

Do you mean you added a BuildTak sheet to the FF slide in build plate? I not had any issues with this although I did have to remove the blue FF build plate sheet as it had gotten damaged. I just cut out a new one from some BuildTak sheets I had. I can not level my printer due to the broken parts mentioned above but when I print it works fine. The other issues I am having now is that the touchscreen is unresponsive and my connection to Polar Cloud seems to be off and on.

Wish I could help more.

I removed the blue sheet the printer came with and installed a new black Build Tak sheet I purchased.  Looking back, I probably shouldn't have re-leveled, but I just followed the directions on the back of the package.  

Karl, what happened to your leveling component that broke?  Wondering if I have the same issue and just don't realize it.

Andrew,

I found a small piece on the build plate. Upon closer view, I saw it went to the level setup. Since this I have not tried to level as was waiting on hearing back from Polar who was waiting to hear from FF. Radio silence so I just do not try to level it. I do have 4 3D Wox and 1 Ultimaker 3X so print with those. I wanted to use the Polar Cloud for younger students and to help manage the whole printing process. Not sure if that will happen now. The FF is a nice little printer, but like most less expensive printers, they have more downtime, or so it seems.

Hmmm... I found the same piece a long time ago and kept it, but never had any issue until attempting to level.  Would love to know what its purpose is.

I have not had a single problem until now.  Printed almost non-stop since receiving in January with no issues.

I'm having the same issue. Just sent two printers in almost two weeks ago and haven't heard back. We got an automated email about the ticket being closed due to inactivity and to reply if it was closed by mistake, that's about it. Their customer support number is down also.

1 person likes this

My wait is currently 2 months and counting..  THEY responded once and then went silent for 2 weeks now..  

We have been waiting for support as well. One of our teachers put in a ticket for support, they sent us two shipping labels to send the two units we had problems with and then they closed the ticket. I opened another ticket last week requesting some update but have not heard anything yet. Is there an issue with the company?

1 person likes this

I have a FlashForge Inventor 2.  Apparently, the bed-leveling senor broke several months ago and I didn't realize it until I installed a print bed and attempted to re-level.  I spoke with Van about the issue and also sent in a ticket to FlashForge.  After sending it a video of the leveling process and a close up photo of the broken senor, and verifying it is still under warranty, they are sending me a replacement part.  If you are having a similar issue, you may want to contact FlashForge directly.

http://www.flashforge.com/request-support/

I hope this helps some of you with a similar issue.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment