Start a new topic

How to fix, after reading calibration key document

The document How to Read a Calibration Key needs descriptions of exactly how to fix the found problems as well as pictures of the problems.

Reading the calibration key, while helpful, always makes me second guess myself and spend hours trying to decipher exactly what it means. I've scoured the old and new forum to find out how to fix these problems: X axis offset is too great or to small, X axis gear is too loose, Y axis (rotation) gear is loose, Y motor rotation gear too loose, and also wonder how I should bend the shuttle arms to realign them with the center (without damaging the printer or making it worse). I've found bits and pieces of advice, but they need to be part of the main document.

Also, if at all possible, please add pictures to some of the listed problems. Especially Part 1.  It could just be me, but I am super confused by these descriptions: blobs towards the middle/ even blobs on the outside of center/ off center blobs on the outside.

Thank you!

3 people like this idea

Student deleted the calibration key file. Maybe this is the wrong place for this question, but is this file available somewhere?

And what about the calibration vector?

I would also like to know how to fix the problems on the calibration key. Our x-axis offset is too great and no matter how many times I try to calibrate it, nothing happens. The calibration does nothing and it won't go forward or back any. So what do I do?

Login or Signup to post a comment